October 3-7, 2021
We can’t wait to see you In Person in Palm Springs!
TAKE A STEP OUT OF THE ORDINARY
These have not been ordinary times so it’s time for a convention that will take us out of the ordinary. We really looked for a special resort that merited hosting the 50th Anniversary of the RTOA and we are beyond excited to welcome our attendees to the newly renovated Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort and Spa. The Westin Mission Hills sits on 360 acres in stunning Californian desert landscape. Activities? The resort features tennis courts, a pickleball court, a full service spa, and the first ever EXCLUSIVE RTOA POOL for use during the convention! Every room has just been remodeled giving us first access to a completely re-imagined resort. Golf? The resort is ranked as one of the top 50 Golf Resorts in North America by Golf Digest. Everything you need during the convention is within walking distance and will be outside – enjoying the iconic weather of the Coachella Valley. It’s a perfect place to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the RTOA serving the franchise community.
We know you come to the convention for results. This year’s convention will exceed your expectations. We are coming back with a bang and promise a convention out of the ordinary! We will offer:
- Onsite outdoors receptions, meals, and entertainment.
- Relevant and timely education including industry leading insight on how the Covid19 pandemic has and will continue to impact restaurants and Round Table Pizza Franchisees
- A chance to reconnect with fellow franchisees, supplier partners, GFG executives, and RTOA Board to discuss friendship, families, and business results.
- Golf right next door at the challenging Pete Dye Championship course
- A relaxing resort experience including an RTOA Exclusive pool during our stay
- Great networking over cold drinks
The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort - Pete Dye Course
RTOA Annual Golf Tournament
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Bruce Reinstein
The “New Normal” and its Impact to the RTOA Franchisees
Bruce is a results-driven executive in the hospitality industry who is a partner at Kinetic12, a strategic management-consulting firm that specializes in the Foodservice industry. Bruce’s leadership experience in developing and growing multi-unit restaurant brands, concept operations, menu development and supply chain strengthen Kinetic12’s knowledge and problem-solving consulting offerings.
Kinetic12 has had a laser focus on the impact of Covid19 on the restaurant industry. They have published 14 specific white papers on this topic, starting in March of 2020 and continuing up to April 7, 2021. Bruce will share that insight with the RTOA during his keynote presentation. Bruce will identify what is our “new normal” and how that will impact our restaurant footprint, design, menu, and operations. And of course, it will all be driven by understanding consumer drivers.
Bruce is known for his high attention to detail in foodservice financial and operational arenas. An entrepreneurial spirit that allows the people around him to stay focused on doing what it takes to get lasting results. He has led many “team to team” initiatives focused on the understanding of operator needs combined with the capabilities of their strategic partners.
Bruce is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Hospitality Management.
Bruce is a Nation’s Restaurant News Hot Concepts Award Winner for Fresh City, Cornell University Innovator of the year and is also an author of Secrets to Ongoing Success.
HEY BRAD – WHAT IS THERE TO DO IN PALM SPRINGS?
We know our last few conventions have been in Hawaii. So we are adding a special section at this year’s convention to take advantage of the local knowledge of Convention Chair Brad Friedman. We have an incredible selection of the top 12 things that there are to do in Rancho Mirage and the Coachella Valley. There is a reason this place is a world-class vacation destination.
We are confident we will keep you busy during the convention. But we encourage you to come early, stay late, and enjoy life as we get back to normal.
Finally – don’t forget to spend some time at the pool! We will be there!
Adults – $849
Kids (ages 5-12) – $425
Kids (4 and under) – Free
*IMPORTANT: You must register for the convention and reserve your room separately. Register for the convention through the registration button on the website. Then, click on the Hotel Registration button to get directed to a special hotel reservation page to receive the discounted RTOA Convention rate for the room (for up to 3 days pre/post convention). To qualify for special RTOA room rates, each person staying in ANY room MUST register for convention. The RTOA reserves the right to assess convention registration fees for non-registered guests to your hotel room at the rate of $849 for adults and $425 for child attendees.
WHAT DOES MY CONVENTION PACKAGE INCLUDE?
- A chance to reconnect with your RTOA family over cocktails and education
- All group education including an incredible Keynote speaker and follow up
- All group entertainment and activities
- Great food and drinks including:
- 3 breakfasts
- 4 dinners including
- Sunday networking receptions, cocktails, dinner
- 2 delicious dinners featuring local cuisine and hosted bar
- Plated dinner and awards ceremony with wine
- Access to great negotiated rates of $180 per night
- Resort fee of $37/day is waived
- Free Self Parking
- The 50th Anniversary of the RTOA!
We’re Excited! How do we get there?
- Westin Mission Hills is driving distance for most in California and the entire Western United States. Also, we have negotiated free self-parking as part of our rate
- Easy Air Access. Some of you will prefer to fly.
- Palm Springs International Airport: Under 7 miles and an easy Uber
- Ontario International Airport. 78 miles away
- Los Angeles International Airport. 130 miles away
Please note due to the multiple airports and the number of anticipated driving arrivals, we have NOT organized transport from the airport to the hotel.